Home Care Packages (HCP)
Preamble : HCP are Government subsidised, flexible plans of care to meet older Australian's care needs and are designed to support you living independently in your own home.
Home Care Packages are a Government subsidised, flexible plan of care to meet your needs, and are design to support you living independently in your own home.
Packages are assessed and individualised to meet a care recipient's specific needs. As time progresses and needs may increase, packages can be reassessed to offer a greater range of services, aids and equipment.
Chinese Welfare Services' team are bi-lingual in Chinese/English and are qualified with a minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community), plus receive regular staff development training and updates.
Examples of types of services may include:
- Domestic Help
- Medical Appointment Transport
- Personal Care
- Nursing (wound care)
- Medication Reminders
- Shopping Assistance
- Social Support Outings
- Meal Preparation
- Allied Health
- Respite Care
- Home Maintenance / Cleaning
How to access CWS Home Care Packages:
- Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
- visit www.MyAgedCare.gov.au to register and to receive an assessment.
- If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service 131450 then ask them to call My Aged Care. You can nominate CWS as your ‘preferred provider’ at the time of assessment.
- Alternatively, if you need help, contact Chinese Welfare Services on 08 8212 2988, Kam Chiu 0430 788 182 to request an appointment for us to help you through the application process.